Your trusted advisor for interpreting, implementing, and transforming healthcare IT standards.
Your primary job is getting people better and helping them lead better lives. At the same time, you want to do so in the most effective, efficient way possible.
Technology should be helping you do both. Instead, many healthcare professionals – executives and clinicians – feel tied up by technology.
That’s where Team BZ comes in. By connecting the dots between providers’ needs and insights of the technology community, we work to focus on healthier patient outcomes: the “why” behind true healthcare interoperability.
How we help
In healthcare and technology, it takes root-cause analysis and the skill to implement necessary change for a successful outcome.
We empower caregivers to transform the future of healthcare … one patient at a time. Our integrated approach to healthcare interoperability means we have deep expertise in three key areas and understand how they work together.
- Helping you understand community healthcare IT standards.
- Advising from healthcare IT theory to interoperability and application – from writing the language all the way to making it work.
- Making the transition from healthcare IT data to action, and creating standards-compliant solutions.
Expertise in three key HIT areas
Our team has a deep familiarity with both legacy and trending tools in healthcare today. From shareable clinical pathways to medical-device interoperability, we build and use computable models and tools, including Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR), to help enable the development of connected healthcare applications.
We advise on the use of several key technologies essential for effective health-information exchange, especially the use of semantic information models and the security tooling needed to validate identity and protect privacy.
We define strategy and architecture as it relates to:
- Representation of patient-specific clinical data and knowledge within health information systems.
- Technical methodologies used to process data for patient care, quality assurance and secondary uses.
- Semantic interoperability and reasoning capabilities in health records by providing expert clinical terminology consultation, development, mapping, modeling, and tooling.
Clinical decision support
We provide subject-matter expertise to:
- Support design and implementation of current and future strategy.
- Identify and explore capabilities needed to optimally support patient care.
Standards and interoperability
We contribute to a common interoperability framework by:
- Providing expert health standards development engagement and consultation.
- Sharing requirements and supporting solutions to achieve intelligent health-information exchange to enhance patient care.